SB 5251 - Electric Vehicle Registration Fees - Key Vote
Washington Key Votes
- May 6, 2011 Referred to Committee
- April 27, 2011 Senate Bill Passed
- March 29, 2011 Senate Bill Passed
- Jan. 19, 2011 Introduced
Legislation - Referred to Committee (House) - May 6, 2011
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.
Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (26-15) - April 27, 2011
NOTE: FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THE REGULAR SESSION, THE LEGISLATION WAS REINTRODUCED IN THE CHAMBER OF ORIGIN IN A SPECIAL SESSION.
Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (30-16) - March 29, 2011(Key vote)
Title: Electric Vehicle Registration Fees
Vote to pass a bill that imposes an electric vehicle registration fee.
- Requires the owners of an electric powered car to pay a $100 fee for the initial vehicle registration and for the annual registration renewal in addition to any other fees and taxes required by law (Sec. 2):
- Specifies that the fee will only apply to vehicles that are designed with the capability of speeds greater than 35 miles per hour, and when the vehicle's registration is due on or after March 1, 2012.
- Requires the fee be used to provide funds to mitigate the impact of vehicles on state roads and highways (Sec. 2).
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) - Jan. 19, 2011
Title: Electric Vehicle License Fees