or Login to see your representatives.

Access Candidates' and Representatives' Biographies, Voting Records, Interest Group Ratings, Issue Positions, Public Statements, and Campaign Finances

Simply enter your zip code above to get to all of your candidates and representatives, or enter a name. Then, just click on the person you are interested in, and you can navigate to the categories of information we track for them.

Key Votes

SB 450 - General Fund Reductions and Tax and Revenue Changes - Key Vote

New Hampshire Key Votes

Stages

Family

Issues

Stage Details

Legislation - Bill Passed With Amendment (House) (182-173) - (Key vote)

Title: General Fund Reductions and Tax and Revenue Changes

Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that makes budget appropriations and changes the rates of various taxes and fees.

Highlights:
-Requires the department of health and human services every two years to submit a report to the chair-people of the house and senate committees on finance and on health and human services assessing the effectiveness of the prevention programs funded by the bill (Sec. 43). -Establishes that the amount paid to residential childcare providers will be reduced by 2 percent of the 2009 rate for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 (Sec. 44). -Establishes that federal cash benefits for disabled people will only be given to those qualifying individuals who apply, that the benefits will end if a federal judge determines the recipient is medically ineligible and that the applicant has the right to appeal if deemed by a judge to be ineligible for benefits (Sec. 48). -Appropriates $25 million to the University System of New Hampshire for construction and renovation purposes (Sec. 53). -Requires that the university system board of trustees allocate the funding for construction and renovation but cannot spend more than $99.5 million for 2 years ending on June 30, 2011 or $134.5 million in 2 years ending on June 30, 2013 (Sec. 55). -Increases the tax on tobacco products other than cigarettes from 48.59 percent to 65.03 percent of the wholesale price (Sec. 56). -Requires for the fiscal year 2011 any non-state employer to pay 80 percent of its employees' retirement benefits and the state to pay the remaining 20 percent (Sec. 69). -Specifies that the agriculture license fee will be $350 if applied for before January 1 of each year and $175 if applied for after January 1, that licenses expire June 30 and that the renewal fee is $350 (Sec. 70). -Suspends the reassignment of state employees prior to layoff as required by Title XXIII of the labor code from the effective date of the bill until June 30, 2011 (Sec. 81). -Reduces the state's general appropriation fund by $8.68 million for 2 years ending June 30, 2011 (Sec. 84). -Increases the marriage license fee from $45 to $50 (Sec. 99) -Increases the search fee for copies, verifications and vital records from $12 to $20 (Sec. 100).
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) -

Title: General Fund Reductions and Tax and Revenue Changes

Sponsors

  • John T. Gallus (NH - R) (Out Of Office)
  • Harold Janeway (NH - D) (Out Of Office)
  • Kathleen G. 'Kathy' Sgambati (NH - D) (Out Of Office)
Back to top