S Amdt 3760 - Federal Reserve Audit - Key Vote
National Key Votes
- S Amdt 3826 - Consumer Financial Protection Division Within The FDIC
- S Amdt 3839 - Termination of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conservatorships
- S Amdt 3938 - Study on Ending the Conservatorships of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- S Amdt 3760 - Federal Reserve Audit
- S Amdt 3816 - Derivatives Regulation Modifications
- S Amdt 3962 - Home Loan Regulation Modifications
- S Amdt 3955 - Establishing New Mortgage Underwriting Requirements and Eliminating a Risk Retention Requirement
- S Amdt 3991 - Credit Rating Agency Board
- S Amdt 3832 - Establishing Bankruptcy Process for Non-bank Financial Institutions
- S Amdt 3989 - Debit Card Fee Regulations
- S Amdt 3987 - Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Termination
- S Amdt 4051 - Prohibiting Funding of State and Local Governments to Prevent Defaulting on Debt
- S Amdt 4034 - Federal Preemption Over State Consumer Financial Laws
- S Amdt 4071 - Amending State Authority to Enforce Consumer Financial Regulations
- S Amdt 4114 - Credit Default Swap Regulations
- S Amdt 4072 - Inspector General Appointment Modification
- S Amdt 3746 - Allowing States to Limit Credit Card Interest Rates
Amendment - Amendment Rejected (Senate) (37-62) - May 11, 2010 (Key vote)
Title: Federal Reserve Audit
Vote to adopt an amendment to S Amdt 3739 to S 3217 that amends regulations related to auditing the Federal Reserve Board and federal reserve banks and requires an audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks to be completed within 1 year of the date of enactment.
- Repeals a provision of existing law that prohibits audits of the Federal Reserve Board and federal reserve banks from including the following (Sec. 1159):
- Transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or non-private international financing organization;
- Deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;
- Transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; and
- Any part of a discussion between Board of Governors members and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System relating to the 3 aforementioned sub-highlights.
- Specifies that the mandatory audit shall not be construed to limit the ability of the Government Accountability Office to complete additional audits of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or federal reserve banks (Sec. 1159).
- Prohibits audits of the Federal Reserve Board and federal reserve banks from including unreleased transcripts or minutes of meetings of the Board of Governors or of the Federal Open Market Committee (Sec. 1159).
Amendment - Introduced (Senate) - May 11, 2010
Title: Federal Reserve Audit